Thursday, April 28, 2011

EVENTS!

Hello and welcome back to The Scribbler! This week has been busy for us Moraine Park Technical College students!

On Tuesday we had our Last Blast on the Beaver Dam campus! Adam Ace came to Moraine Park for a wonderful game show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bndQNl4vY0E. To see a game from his past, click on the link.

We had many students come and enjoy the free pizza and the show, and dozens of students participated in the game! With the many participants, we also had many winners! They won anything from a rubber snake to Chamber of Commerce vouchers. Very cool! Congratulations to Marilyn Nohr, Jessica Backhuber and Anna Bille who won the Chamber vouchers! Way to go!!

As I wrote on Monday, I was a game show hostess. I chickened out on my plan though. I was going to go to Goodwill and buy a prom dress for my “Vanna White” job. Instead, I wore my regular clothes. As it was, I should have done the prom dress; the humor would have been recognized.

On Wednesday the Business Meeting and Event Planning class had an assignment to run a successful brat and burger fry to support the local food pantry! YUMMMMM! That class worked very hard selling brats, burgers, punch and pastries and raised over $330 for the cause!! Awesome!

Dawn Dobbratz was also there supporting PAVE. http://www.pavingtheway.net/
Students and staff were to wear jeans and donate a dollar. They would then get to wear a sticker to show they supported PAVE and to promote the drive Dawn was head of. She raised a bit over $40! Good for you, Dawn!

On Friday the Student Senate is having an awards dinner in Lomira. Semi-formal dinner to recognize excellence and time volunteered. I cannot wait; it should be a blast!

Make it a great one,
Kirsten

1 comment: