Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spoiler Alert/Easter Bunny

Hello and welcome back to The Scribbler! This is a short week here at Moraine Park Technical College because of the holiday coming up. I don’t have school on Fridays anyway so this week is the same for me as it always is.

When it comes to holidays, Easter is my least favorite. I love the fact that it is usually the first holiday of spring and I love that my family gets together but…what’s the deal with the Easter Bunny? According to Wikipedia, the legendary bunny brings baskets filled with colored eggs, candy and sometimes toys to the children of Christmas as they both bring gifts to children on the night before the respective holiday. Now, I could go on and on about Germany, the Holy Roman Empire, Alsace and Upper Rhineland from the 1500’s are all to do with the origination of the hopping dude with baskets or you could search it out yourself. As for the US, the Bunny dude hopped about in the 18th century and was considered one of childhood’s greatest pleasures.

Help me out here…colored eggs that children dye and only eat the white part, get side walk chalk that gets crushed in the driveway or melts away from the rain by June, bubbles that are fun for a few hours until they spill all over the kids’ dollar store flip flops they also got from the hare….I never know what to get!
At what age should a child “know” about the infamous rabbit? I would love to shout it from the roof tops and spoil it for all so I don’t have to buy anymore cruddy baskets or grass that the cat won’t leave alone. What perspective can you give me to learn to like that four legged creature and the things it brings?
Nevertheless, I love holiday gatherings, and as for this MPTC student, I should look at this holiday as a sign that the semester is almost done!

Make it a great one,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment