Thursday, April 14, 2011

Learning the hard stuff.

Hello and welcome again to The Scribbler! I am proud to introduce myself as Moraine Park Technical College’s fun filled blogger Kirsten Lynch. I have been around a bit now but if this is your first stop, please feel free to archive the blogs and catch up mustard.

I will now introduce to you…my math brain…da da da a done!!! YES, I am cracking up a bit because I have been doing Pre-Algebra homework. AAAAAA! I started to take this Pre-Algebra class this semester to ready myself for the classes that count toward my program. I am learning A LOT of things I did not know before. When I was in high school all we needed to take was a general math class or two. I did that and was good to go after my sophomore year…I never looked at learning math again! Most people in the world, or the world as I know it, because I don’t know everyone in the world, either love-love –love math or they haaatttteeee math! Not me: I respected math. Math and I had a deal. As long as I could get by all would be well. Well, since math is not really “a someone” but “a something,” the deal was broken. Pre-algebra won its way in to my life. I allow it because I want to accomplish my goals and darn varmint if that means I have to take a math class or two so be it!

It has been interesting so far. I have felt like a baby trying to tie shoes… (Cannot happen) I have felt like the smartest women in the world figuring out things and learning things I did not know even in January! I have to ask for help a lot. My teacher gives me a “hard time” but really, he is wonderful. He helps me a lot, answers my questions and takes extra time for me when I ask him. Maybe I got lucky with a teacher who cares and maybe we are all lucky at MPTC. Maybe all the math teachers love their jobs and love math. I know my teacher does. If I try my best and put forth the effort, my work reflects that. My teacher sees that I am working hard; I see that I am working hard and because of that, I am learning. I still don’t love-love-love math, but I don’t haaaaattteee math either. It takes work and trying…two to tango even if the tango is a variable.

Make it a great one!
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment