Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The summer starts here.

Hello and welcome back to The Scribbler! Regarding my last blog, I did not attend the Multicultural club pot luck as planned. It turned out the time was just not right for me and, as it was, only a few of us from Beaver Dam joined. From what I heard, it was fun.

I have been very busy as I usually am this time of year. My kids go to their dad’s every summer. It is a bittersweet time of the year for me. My ex-husband is a Marine and is currently stationed down south. He and the kids are extremely excited to see each other, but it is a hard time for me to have them gone. It seems when I want to take them to the beach or tuck them in at night is the most difficult times for me to deal with their absence. I am happy they get to see their dad though, and I wish we could all live closer for their benefit. This is the time of year I start gathering papers for them to work on to better their experience for the next scholastic year. It is hot down where they stay, so I know they will have a lot of down time to complete it. After they leave, I go through all of their toys and “get rid of” the toys I know they did not play with this last year or toys they have outgrown. I also overhaul their rooms and deep clean them. That part always makes me miss them, but I know they will be very happy to come back home at the end of August to clean rooms.

I start summer school on the 22nd of June and until then I have time to catch up on house hold things I have been neglecting to put 100% into while I have been in classes since January. I have also placed an ad to babysit this summer part time, since I won’t have my own kids and only am taking two classes online.

As the summer winds-down and fall creeps in, you will be seeing more of the Scribbler. As for the summer, I will only be blogging a bit here and there.

Have fun in the sun. Be safe and happy!

Make it a great one,

Kirsten Lynch

1 comment:

  1. Good job balancing managing a home, being a mom and now, a student! You are an inspiration to many young mothers, and you are definitely doing it! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete