Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Online Summer Classes

Hello and welcome back to The Scribbler! I am the Beaver Dam Moraine Park Technical College student blogger, Kirsten Lynch.

Today I started my online summer school classes, thank goodness! I like being busy and school is a guaranteed way to be just that!

With my last semester I had in the classroom classes and the homework was all posted via the internet. Online classes are very much different. With that being said they are not easier or more difficult, so far…I will keep you posted though!

I am taking Essentials of Sociology and Psychology Applied to Modern Life. These are both courses required for my IA (Instructional Assistant) program.

So far what I have done is copied and pasted all of the directions given to me online into a word document. Then in a different color I typed notes for each direction. This allows me to type DONE under each direction when I am finished with it. This gives my virtual learning a more tangible feel to it. I am sure I am creating more work for myself than necessary but I don’t want to miss an assignment just because I did not look at it close enough.
The MPTC instructors are great, even the ones I haven’t met in person yet! They have all been so willing to answer my questions and offer assistance where they can. I have often felt like I am their only student. How great is that?


Make it a great one!

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment