Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer School Classes 2

Hello and welcome back to The Scribbler! I am Kirsten Lynch, Moraine Park Technical College’s student blogger.

How are you? I finished my first week of summer school online classes and I seem to be progressing and on top of my work. I struggled quite a bit last week and then I remembered two things.
1) Most things are difficult the first time doing them.
2) MPTC has great student services to help me one-on-one with homework and reiteration.

This week will be much better.

I was thinking about school yesterday when my cousin was telling me about Iraq. Her husband and other’s she knows were stationed there. For the people that live there to vote, they have to sneak in and the military has to guard the post or the Taliban would come and kill them. TO VOTE!

I was thinking how blessed we all are here when it comes to our freedoms. I vote, and I work, and I go to college, and I am a free person to make my own choices. It almost seems to be a shame to not take advantage of what I can do because I am allowed to. Why wouldn’t I vote? Why wouldn’t I want to go to school to get a career and better my life and my childrens’ lives?

Then I was thinking about the movie, "It’s a Wonderful Life”. It is not just me and my family that I am improving by going to college and getting a degree. It is also the lives I touch with in my journey as a student at MPTC. The instructors, the student senate, the classmates, the office staff, the people that read my blog... The lot of you could be and are in some way affected by me. If I was sitting at home or working a job I hated…none of that journey would exist.

How great is this!?

Make it a great one!

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment