Monday, March 21, 2011

The Beginning

Hello everyone and welcome back! This is my second blog for MPTC and the Scribbler, how
exciting! I was thinking about what to write about this week and I thought that maybe I would
start at the very beginning… and no, I will not bust out in song with the Do-Re-Mi song from the Sound of Music! I was born…no wait, too far back. Okay, how about being afraid of going to school. Yes! That is where I will begin.

I have always had a fear of going to school. It started in High School and it ended when I was sick and tired of making choices based on fear. Do you share this feeling with me? If you do, than maybe you can take something out of this blog for your future. For me, I am a figure-outer-err. (Yeah, I know that is not a word, but it is a fun non-word right?)

I had to figure out what I was afraid of. Was it success or failure? Was it not fitting in or being picked on? What it time spent on homework? Was it whether or not I would pass quizzes or tests? Was it that I was not sure if I would make it in the field I chose and then have wasted my time and money? Could I afford to back to school? Well, after thinking about it I learned it was all of those things questioned above.

I then made a few decisions. One was I was going to go to Moraine Park Technical College! Secondly, I knew I needed all the help I could get so I asked questions and went to every event and meeting that I could to get ready for my career as a student. One of the biggest things I learned is that if I break something apart, it will never remain whole. So, I did not have to think about or worry about all of those questions. All I had to do was find my goal and do what I need to do to get there. I have daily goals, weekly goals, goals broken down by class and a goal of when I will graduate by. I don’t have to worry or think about anything except what is right in front of me and what I want out of my efforts. My fear of going to school has been winning for over 5 years. The relief I feel now that I am doing what I really want is far greater than the fear ever was and the experience I am having at MPTC has been a wonderful new beginning!

Make it a great one!
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment