Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break!

SPRING BREAK!


Welcome to the Scribbler! My third blog for Moraine Park Technical College. How is your Spring Break coming along? I think it wasn’t until last Monday afternoon while I was sitting in my pre-algebra class did I realize Spring Break was officially coming up! It was so hard to concentrate during the lecture knowing there would be a break in my day-to-day schedule. I am a student here at MPTC but I also have a family of five.

Normally I get up and take care of my kids. They are still little enough that they need me to remind them to stay on task, but old enough that they can dress themselves. (And let me tell you, back when they needed help with everything I thought the day would never come that I was free of that job.) So, normally I would get them ready for school and get myself ready for school, take care of the house, the dog, and zoom out the door. On the days I did not have class I would normally be doing homework, cleaning the house, working or getting to appointments I scheduled. Knowing the week off would be nice I also knew it would be different and maybe even more difficult.

Saturday, my daughter got on an airplane to go see her dad for the week. That was very strange and difficult since even when she is at a sleepover I miss her. We all got up at 3AM to see her off a Milwaukee flight by 8AM. My family and I then decided that we would go to the Milwaukee museum. Now, I think we just may be the last people alive without a GPS in the car or Internet on the cell phone. We use good ol’ fashion paper maps. Ever seen one of those? We drove around Milwaukee for an hour looking for the Museum. We even passed the street once or twice, but couldn’t get down it because it was one way. It was worth the hassle. My step son, my youngest child, my husband and I walked that museum for over two hours. My youngest is eight and he had a blast looking and telling us what he was seeing. What a trooper! On the way back home we stopped off at the Cracker Barrel. That is always yummy! That night until the next morning we all slept past 10 AM. That never happens; especially my little one who gets up at 7AM each day. I woke up with a cold. Errr!

Now it is Monday and it’s back to Pre-algebra and English homework, house cleaning, working and taking care of one less child this week. I already miss her and cannot wait until Sunday when I can go back to Milwaukee and pick her up!

What are you doing for Spring Break?

Make it a great one!
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment