Thursday, March 31, 2011

Student Senate

This is my first semester at Moraine Park Technical College and I am a part of the Student Senate. There is a senate for each campus and a team of students, who are there to create rules, make changes to help students and have those experiences in becoming a MPTC student easier. And to top it all off, we have fun!



To begin with, they had a Vice-President opening for the senate. Now, I am an all or nothing kind of girl to a fault so I am so proud to say, I did not nominate myself. I sat back, listened and learned. At my first meeting, we were organizing the ‘Teacher Appreciation Day’ party. We were voting on what to “write” on the cake. I put my idea out there and guess what? They voted unanimously, to use my idea! What a trip!



The next week after that the senate offered a free lunch if you signed up ahead of time and also played BINGO while eating with a bunch of other students I did not know. There were winners and people clapping for those winners. It was nice to see such great rooting!



There are always events to volunteer for and places to go within the state and even out of state. I am so glad I am apart of the Student Senate at Moraine Park Technical College and the opportunities it offers me.



Make it a great one,

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment