Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Student Senate 2

So, this weekend I will be going to Wausau for the Wisconsin Student Government meeting (WSG). This will be my first WSG meeting and first meeting outside of the regular Student Senate meetings I go to at Moraine Park Technical College. The regular Student Senate meetings in Beaver Dam are pretty neat. There is so much information addressed in each meeting however it is well organized therefore goes fast and is fun. Not only that, but most of the time there is a free lunch to boot.

At the Wisconsin Student Meeting in Wausau we will be working hard and having fun there too. The WSG brings reps from all of Wisconsin’s Technical Colleges together to one place. There we will discuss issues that affect students throughout the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). A student Governor and Lt Governor are elected each year to officially represent MPTC’s interests. Other members of the student government are encouraged to participate as well.

I wanted to go to this meeting to be a part of and learn the ins and outs of being a student at Moraine Park, but I also wanted to go for family reasons. My mother-in-law lives in Wausau so my husband will be able to spend time with her and our kids while I am busy with meetings. I am looking forward to a couple of days of adult interaction and a mostly kid free weekend. I am also looking forward to some hiking. I am sure my family and I will be visiting Rib Mountain while we are there. It is so beautiful there! The picture in this blog is from a trip we took there in the past. To learn more about Wisconsin Student Government or Student Senate, visit

http://www.morainepark.edu/services/student-life/student-government/#student-life

Make it a great one,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment